Here you will find a collection of frequently asked questions (FAQ) by our students. If you have more or individual questions, feel free to contact us through our contact form.

Q: Can I learn both Muay Thai and MMA at SAMUI FIGHT HOUSE?

A: Absolutely! Our instructors are skilled in both disciplines and will customise your training sessions based on the length of your stay.

Q: I´ve never done any martial arts before - do you offer training sessions for complete beginners?

A: Yes, we work with every individual based on their age and fitness level and will adjust the difficulty and intensity to meet your fitness goals.

Q: I’ve been training for a while and I’m interested in fighting professionally. Is this possible?

A: Yes, we can arrange both Muay Thai and MMA fights. There are several Stadiums on Samui (Chaweng Stadium, Phetbuncha Stadium, and Samui Stadium) as well as a number of smaller venues which host events. SAMUI FIGHT HOUSE trains and prepares its students for fights on Koh Samui. Where appropriate, we can also organise fights further afield, (i.e. Bangkok).

Q: I'm only going to be in Samui for a couple of weeks, will I get anything out of personal training sessions in Muay Thai?

A: Muay Thai offers an intense all over body workout. Even during your first session, you will discover muscles you didn't know you had, and be in no doubt that you've just had one of the best workouts of your life.

Q: I'm seriously out of shape and looking to lose weight and tone up, will a Muay Thai or BJJ session do this for me?

A: Yes. We'll tailor your sessions to ensure you're pushed to the maximum of your current ability. As your fitness levels improve, we'll step up the training to ensure you continue to work towards your fitness goals.

Q: Do I need to speak Thai?

A: Absolutely not. Our instructors are fluent in English and Thai , also our staff speaks Swedish and Spanish . If you need assistance in other languages, please ask as we can generally accommodate your requirements.

Q: Do I need a visa for my stay in Ko Samui?

A: Depending on your citizenship, you will be issued a 30 day tourist visa when arriving in Thailand. If you would like to stay more than 30 days you can usually apply for a longer visa prior to your departure. Alternatively you can leave and re-enter Thailand in order to extend your stay. In addition, for those of you who would like to stay up to a year in Thailand and enjoy our cultural and climatic benefits, a combination of studying Thai language (Educational Visa) and Muay Thai training at our camp will allow you to do so.

Q: Can I eat nearby the gym?

A: Yes. There are plenty of eating options within a 10 minute walk or 2 minute scooter drive. Alternatively, you can take advantage of our meal plan options. Vouchers can be purchased in advance and meals are served twice a day.

Q: Is it possible to get my laundry done?

A: Yes, there is several places where you can get your laundry done. The price per kilo is between 35 thb and 40 thb .

Q: Is it possible to rent a motorbike?

A: Yes, we have motorbikes for rent at SAMUI FIGHT HOUSE. You can rent a motorbike for 200 thb per day or 3000 thb per month.